BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
We had a cracking winner at the Scottish Open last week in the shape of Aaron Rai who landed the spoils for us at 66/1.
This week we are off to Wentworth for the BMW PGA Championships. Here are the selections:
1pt e/w at 15.00 with Skybet, Betfair, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
1pt e/w at 19.00 with Betfair, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.75pt e/w at 81.00 with Bet365 (6 places, 1/4 odds)
1pt e/w at 41.00 with Skybet (8 places, 1/5 odds)
Miguel Angel Jiminez
0.5pt e/w at 201.00 with Skybet, Betfair, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN OPEN
Over in the US it's of to Las Vegas for the Shriners Open. A strong field is assembling including US Open winner Bryson DeChambeau, Collin Morikawa, Webb SImpson, Hideki Matsuyama and Matthew Wolff.
Here are our picks for the tournament:
1pt e/w at 29.00 with WilliamHill, Betfair, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
1pt e/w at 26.00 with WilliamHill, Betfair, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.75pt e/w at 67.00 with WilliamHill (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.75pt e/w at 61.00 with WilliamHill (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.5pt e/w at 176.00 with WilliamHill (8 places, 1/5 odds)
First up this week we have the Scottsh Open which is taking place at The Renaissance Club which sits between Muirfield and Archerfield Links.
It's a par 71 course playing at 7,343 yards and didn't seem to pose too many problems last year with some low scoring across the tournament. It seems fairways have been tightened since then however and with plenty of rain in the area this year there is plenty of thick rough to trouble any wayward drives.
This tournament is traditionally played the week before The Open, but with the schedule completely thrown off it's now serving as a warm up to the BMW PGA Championship.
Here's the selections for the tournament:
1.5pt e/w at 23.00 with Skybet, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
1pt e/w at 67.00 with Skybet (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.75pt e/w at 67.00 with WilliamHill (6 places, 1/5 odds)
0.5pt e/w at 81.00 with Skybet, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.5pt e/w at 126.00 with Skybet (8 places, 1/5 odds)
SANDERSON FARM CHAMPIONSHIP
Over in the US on the PGA Tour the Sanerson Farms Championship is taking place in Jackson, Mississippi.
It is a par 72 course with a length of 7,461 yards.
Juan Sebastien Munoz
1.5pt e/w at 31.00 with WilliamHill, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
1.5pt e/w at 26.00 with WilliamHill, PaddyPower (8 places, 1/5 odds)
1pt e/w at 36.00 with WilliamHill (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.5pt e/w at 81.00 with WilliamHill (8 places, 1/5 odds)
0.5pt e/w at 251.00 with WilliamHill (8 places, 1/5 odds)
Trends analysis and selections from The Racing King:
3.40 York, Fujaira Prince, 5.5 2pt win most providers
and Shailene, 26.0 1pt e/w Skybet, Bet365
- Aged between 4 and 6
- Official rating between 98 and 109
- Days since last run between 20 and 22 day, 34 and 44 or 57 and 77
- Previous Runs between 4 and 8 or 14 and 18 or 24 and 30
- Horse win % overall greater or equal to 5%
- Horse place % overall greater or equal to 30%
- Form ranking between 1st and 12th (based on last three races)
- Draw between 2 and 6 or double figures
The Racing King has once again put together a trends analysis for today's Heritage Handicap from York.
2.45 York, Sir Busker
7.0 1pt e/w Paddy Power, Betfair SB, William Hill, Boylesports (5 places, 1/5 odds)
The following criteria produces all ten winners over the last ten renewals from 27 qualifiers for 170 points profit to BSP.
- Horse is aged between 3 and 6
- The horse is drawn between 1 and 4 or 9 and 18
- Horse is weighted between 8-10 and 9-10
- Horse has an official rating of between 96 and 107
- Horse has run between the last 6 and 26 days or has not run for 155 days or over
- Horse has run between 9 and 20 times or ran 30 or over races
- Finished in the top 13 last time out
- Horse has an overall win % of 12% or over
- Overall place % of 25% or over
Below is a selection based on a trends analysis from The Racing King.
1.45 York, Lahore
15.0 1pt win all providers
Trends produces last ten winners form 36 selections for a profit of 106 points to BSP over last ten years
- BHA rating 92 to 104
- Weight 8-13 to 9-10
- Horse age 4 to 11
- Days since last run 4 to 11 or 18 to 25 days
- Previous runs must be 13 to 37 or in one case over 55
- Best speed rating rank between 1st and 6th
- Drawn between 3 and 11 or 15 to 18
The Racing King has another trends analysis for the final day of Glorious Goodwood.
3.35 Goodwood, Swindler 15.0 1pt win Betvictor
Chairmanoftheboard 26.0 1pt win most providers
Selections are based on the following trends. Hopefully we can leave the Goodwood trends with a winner of the Stewards Cup. I think Swindler is a very talented horse and I would have backed him anyway. However, he did refuse to race last time out. I hope you have enjoyed these statistics although we have had mixed results.
The following would have produced all ten winners over the last ten years from 23 qualifiers for a profit of 144 points to BSP.
- Horse must be aged between 3 and 7
- The Official Rating must be between 95 to 98 or 102 to 107 or 111
- Weight carried is either 8-10 to 8-12 or 9-04 to 9-09 or 10-0 (no horse curries this burden this year)
- Days since last run is either exactly 7 days or exactly 14 days or 22 to 23 days or 35 to 46 days or over 57
- Number of previous runs must be between 6 to 16 or 25 to 35 or over 45
- Must have won at least twice at this distance of 6 furlongs
- Finished in first 12 last time out and speed rating LTO must be first 12 also
Here is a trends analysis from The Racing King:
1.10 Goodwood, Celestran 10.0 1pt win Bet365
Summit Reach 21.0 1pt win Bet365, Skybet, Betvictor
Both selections are based on ten year trends for this race using the criteria below all ten winners would be found from 21 selections producing a profit 67.5pts to BSP
- Official Rating equals 74 or is between 80 and 90
- Horse is drawn 1 to 7 or 10 to 14
- Days since the horse last ran is between 20 to 24 days or 36 to 39 or 47 to 56 or 64 to 70
- Must have 1 to 6 previous runs
- And finished in the top six last time out
A nice 9/1 winner yesterday from The Racing King. He has the following free advice for today!
1.10 Goodwood, Bal Mal
4.33 1pt win
10 wins from 19 qualifiers over the last 10 runnings of this race producing a profit of 121 points to BSP.
- Must be drawn between 2 and 10
- Official rating is less or equal to 73 or 78 to 88 or greater or equal to 93.
- Weight is between 8-02 and 8-09 or between 9-00 and 9-02
- Days since last run must be between 8 days to 42 days
- Previous runs are between 5 and 16.
A trends selection courtesy of The Racing King for Goodwood on Wednesday:
2.15 Goodwood, Mambo Nights 10.0 1pt win Bet365, Paddy Power, Betfair SB
and Win O' Clock 6.0 1pt win most providers
The following criteria have produced the last ten winners from 15 qualifiers for a profit of 87 points to BSP.
- Official rating between 77 and 98
- Draw between 2 and 6 or 12 or 16 (only 11 runners this year)
- Days since last run, less or equal to six days, between 21 and 35 days or over 95 days
- Previous runs are between 4 and 8
- Last time out position is between 1st and 3rd
- Trainer must have trained at least 8 winners at Goodwood (so you are looking for an experienced trainer)
This year this produces two qualifiers - Mambo Nights and Win O'Clock